Grasping Using High-Speed Visual Feedback
A grasping system using high speed visual feedback has been developed. This system consists of an active vision with the parallel processing vision system called SPE-256, and a multi-fingered hand-arm system like a human hand. This is controlled using a multi-DSP Hierarchical Parallel Processing System and real time parallel sensory feedback is realized. As a result the hand has succeeded in grasping against a target which moves randomly at high speed. Experimental results are presented.
Experimental Results (Movies)
- High Speed Grasping
- High Speed Manipulation of a Grasping Object
- Human Interactive Motion Using High Speed Sensory Feedback
Experimental Results (Pictures)
- Akio Namiki, Koichi Hashimoto, Masatoshi Ishikawa: Hierarchical Control Architecture for High-speed Visual Servoing, Int. J. Robotics Research, to appear.
- Akio Namiki, Takashi Komuro, Masatoshi Ishikawa: High Speed Sensory-Motor Fusion Based on Dynamics Matching, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.90, No.7, pp.1178-1187 (2002)
- Akio Namiki, Yoshihiro Nakabo, Idaku Ishii, Masatoshi Ishikawa: 1ms Sensory-Motor Fusion System, IEEE Transactions On Mechatronics, Vol.5, No.3, pp.244-252 (2000)
- Akio Namiki, Masatoshi Ishikawa: Sensory-Motor Fusion Architecture Based on High-Speed Sensory Feedback and Its Application to Grasping and Manipulation, Proceedings of the 32nd International Symposium on Robotics (Soul, 2001.04.19) [ PDF format ]
- Masatoshi Ishikawa, Takashi Komuro, Akio Namiki, and Idaku Ishii: 1ms Sensory-Motor Fusion System (Invited), Int. Symp. of Robotics Research (Snowbird, 1999.10.12), pp.291-296 [ PDF format ]
- Akio Namiki, Yoshihiro Nakabo, Idaku Ishii and Masatoshi Ishikawa: High Speed Grasping Using Visual and Force Feedback, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (Detroit, 1999.5.14)/Proceedings. [ PDF format (0.4Mbytes) ]
- Akio Namiki, Yoshihiro Nakabo, Idaku Ishii, and Masatoshi Ishikawa: 1ms Grasping System Using Visual and Force Feedback, Video Proceedings of IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation (Detroit, 1999.5.13)/Abstract and References.