Book Flipping Scanning
There is a growing demand for camera-based document analysis and recognition. Book digitization, a relatively new application of camera-based document capturing which images all of the pages in a book, has a rapidly expanding market globally and is attracting various types of potential users, including libraries, corporations, and general users of books, official documents, and notes. However, the conventional technology cannot meet the demands for ease-of-use and high-speed book digitization.
One emerging solution that meets these demands is Book Flipping Scanning. Book Flipping Scanning is a new style of book digitization to overcome the speed of book scanning. In this technique, all pages of a book are captured while a user continuously flips through the pages without stopping on each page. We propose multiple types of systems for various use cases.
- BFS-Auto: High Speed & High Definition Book Scanner (2012-)
- Document Digitization and its Quality Improvement using a Multi-camera Array (2014-)
- BFS-Solo: High Speed Book Digitization using Monocular Video (2013-)
- High-accuracy rectification technique of deformed document image using Tiled Rectangle Fragments (2014-)
- Proof-of-concept prototype for Book Flipping Scanning (2009-)